Lending Library Rules
The SMAS Lending Library is located in the control building of the Nanjemoy
Creek Observatory complex. Use of the library is for SMAS members only.
- Any member who wishes to check out a book or accessory must log it in the
“Library/Accessories Checkout Book.” Include your name, the date and the title of the
book or name of the accessory that you are borrowing, so that other members will know
when the book or accessory is going to be returned.
- To view a list of book and magazine titles, go to the SOMDAS website at Yahoo
Groups. Click on Files, then NCO Library.doc.
- Please Note that magazines may not be taken off site.
- To view photographs of some of the accessories, go to the SOMDAS website at Yahoo
Groups. Click on Photos, then SMAS Resources, then NCEEC accessories or SMAS
- Please Note that NCEEC accessories may not be taken off site without special
permission from the Librarian and NCEEC Director.
- Additional books and accessories may be available that are not shown on the SOMDAS
- Books and accessories are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Only one set of collimation tools may be borrowed off site at a time.
- Books and accessories can be borrowed for up to 30 days. If the item is not returned
after 30 days, you will be notified by e-mail to return it.
- Please return books and accessories in the same condition in which they were borrowed.
- For more information, contact the Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org.